Here’s a list of GameMaker Studio (1.x and 2) tutorials or articles I’ve written. Most recent is on top. Oldest is down at the bottom.
Some content might be outdated.
- Guide to develop low resolution 2D platformers with smooth movement and pixel perfect collisions in GameMaker Studio 2 (with slopes) (2/17/2018)
- Scaling up my game 4x without resizing a single sprite (GM:S 1.4) (10/29/2017)
- Separation of Concerns in GameMaker Studio (10/29/2017)
- Sprites with different images dimensions in GameMaker Studio 2 (8/8/2017)
- Advanced Animation Control in GameMaker Studio 2 – Method 1 (8/1/2017)
- Scale 2D pixel art games using surfaces to avoid pixel decimation in GameMaker Studio 2 (7/19/2017)
- GameMaker Studio 2 Linux Configuration (7/16/2017)
- Room Start Event Execution Order for Persistent Objects in GameMaker: Studio (5/2/2017)
- How I Scale Fuzeboy Resolution on Mobile and Desktop Devices (3/20/2017)
- Optimizing Collision Code (1/17/2017)
- Basic Platformer Mechanics in GameMaker: Studio (1/14/2017)
- Devlog #1 – GameMaker: Studio new Project (11/14/2016)
- Choosing the right resolution for a 2D Platformer (5/20/2016)
- How I positioned the tileset in my tech demo (5/6/2016)